Monday 1 February 2010

SATURDAY SUN DAY!

What a fabulous day, weather wise!  With manager, John Henry, on holiday Pat, the very promising young Scott (Wharfedale Harriers) and I covered at the Nelson branch again, but to get my easy 5 in she threw me out of the car at Foulridge.

Down the lanes then along the Leeds/Liverpool canal from where the tunnel starts to Nelson.  Past Barrowford Locks.....with superbly maintained barged looking splendid in the morning sun and past others which will never sail again!



I always enjoy this stretch of the waterway but under a cloudless Lancashire sky today it was particularly memorable.  A circuit of Barrowford reservoir then onto the shop. 

It was just a pity that I only had 5 to do as my recovery run today......track yesterday....and it was tempting to do more. But there's a 14 pencilled in for tomorrow, Sunday......let's hope the sun blesses us with it's presence again!



At the shop it was as if the customers had waited for me to finish my run, give me time to shower and then descend.... by the coach load!

  All day the talk was of races to be run ...the Great Western half....the London Marathon ....the Great North Run....next week's Lancashire Schools cross country championships...... and we had the shoes for them!  A great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment