Sunday 26 December 2010

Christmas Day.......light relief!

 Not having children,  I can't remember the last time I missed a run on Christmas Day.  Often I have used it to post "on the day" greeting cards to neighbours and friends living nearby.  I recall one particular Christmas day morning venturing up on to Ilkley moor and wading through snow over a deep with the sun high in the sky and just thinking how great it was to be able to do it ; not cursing that I'd failed to anticipate how bad it would be up there.
 Today, I would not be so adventurous.
 No, having put my 3 icepacks into use on the leg and rubbed in plenty of my magic cream, Hirudoid,  I would just test the leg over a couple of flat road miles; not risking slipping on snow covered fields.                                                                                
 I am pleased to be able to report that the ice packs did the trick and  not only did I manage the minimal 2 miles but added another for good measure.  
  So going back to my coast to coast run analogy I can smell the North Atlantic, I can see boats bobbing up and down in the harbour, I can see fishermen landing their day's catch.   Just one more day......
  Finally, let me share with you some shots taken AFTER the run of Ilkley, Christmas Day 2010


Christmas day lunch for some.............


                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment