Thursday 7 January 2010

MEET A PONY YOU WON'T BE RIDING!

I felt compelled today to say hello again to my new friend, Jock.  We became acquainted yesterday as I did the hill session up the road adjacent to his field in Denton.  Didn't have the camera with me yesterday, so as the road up to the village was totally free of slush and snow today, it was no trouble to deviate and see if he would pose for a nice shot in the snow.  Feel a bit sorry for him really but at least the sun was high in a cloudless sky and would have been offering some warmth.  From there I turned left towards Askwith for a mile or so and again the road was perfectly clear. Good work again by N.Yorks or Harrogate gritters I guess.  Other key roads in Ilkley controlled by Bradford Met are not as good. But they are runnable if you have some grip on your road shoe. I'm using a Nike Pegasus with the support from my Somnio shoe in.  Managed another 8 miles today.But  I would say no problems for anyone running tonight in the town. we've had no snow all day, plenty of roads are clear.....just remember your HI-VIZ gear!    And finally, a message for you cricketers out there....tonight's nets session is OFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment