Saturday 9 January 2010

BEST IN THE LONG RUN

Given "normal" weather conditions I would have waited until Sunday for the longest run of the week. However, with only a sprinkling of snow overnight, no sign of the forecast wind and by late morning the sun out in full force I decided to set out today. Pat and I parked at the toll bridge to avoid the Ben Rhydding traffic and headed towards Ilkley.  Single file to the Old Bridge but beyond the golf club none of the overnight snow had settled and underfoot conditions were pretty good all things considered all the way to the A59.  So the old Beamsley Bash route plus to make a 12 miler.  Not a long run in marathon preparation terms but if I was forced to classify the pace according to the chart as shown here it would have been EZ!  Probably the best option at this stage. If you are heading out for a longer run tomorrow, you marathon lads and lasses, study your options........but I'd give RTYP run 'til you puke! a miss; RTYS ....run 'til   you slip maybe!        


 It was a great run on the Beansley Bash this morning. Virtually free of traffic and with no danger of a phalanx of 30 or so cyclists coming around the bends! Quite a funny  incident as I approached Beamsley Village today.  With a shoelace coming undone I stopped and put my foot up on a gate. Bending over I could hear heaving breathing coming from behind and above me.  Turned around to find this "amigo" (that was written on his coat!) had come over to check out what was going on and was quite happy to pose for a quick shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment